Palladio Component Model tool version 3.3.1. PCM 3.3.1 is a stable release of Palladio (released 2012-08-03). It is available from an Eclipse update site and as an "all-in-one drop". This page includes an installation guide for the PCM 3.3.1 tools. See PCM Releases for the latest release.
What's new / Release Notes
PCM 3.3.1 is a service release and contains various bugfixes.
- Fixed a bug where PerOpteryx failed if design decision file has not been opened before starting the optimization because it cannot load the design decisions file
- Fixed interest rate calculation in PerOpteryx Cost solver
- Fixed error message when inserting a VariableUsage to a SetVariableAction in a SEFF diagram
- Fixed bug where VariableUsage / Characterizations were not displayed at various parts of models
- Fixed broken latency simulation that was broken due to refactorings and small improvements
- Big RD-SEFFs can now simulated (was not possible before due to 64k method size limit of Java)
- Fixed bugs concerning stackframe values and generated event simulation java
- Limitation: Sensor results for Delay Ressources are wrong ; the simulation itself is not affected. See PCM 3.3.1/Hotfix
PCM, Version 3.3.1, Win32 PCM, Version 3.3.1, Mac64, including example workspace. For LQN support install LQN Solvers/Simulation(335 MB, 2012-08-03), for further data visualization and analysis in conjunction with the statistics tool R see R Statistics for PCM.
The drop is password-protected, but feel free to contact us if you are interested in it. To install a drop, simply unzip it. Please don't use the built-in ZIP functionality of Windows OS - it is known to cause problems with Eclipse ZIP files. Instead, try 7zip or alternatives.
You need to have an installed Java SE Platform (JDK) 6 or higher in order to run Palladio-Bench.
We provide an example workspace for the PCM 3.3.1, which contains three different project examples. You can immediately start to analyse these three software models when using the example workspace.
Installation through update site (Indigo)
The version 3.3.1 of the PCM tool suite is based on Eclipse 3.7 SR2 (Indigo) Modeling Edition. Execute the following steps to get started with the PCM tools:
- Install Java SE JDK 6
- Download Eclipse Modeling Tools 3.7 SR2 (272 MB) at the official Eclipse download site
- Unzip to a folder of your choice
- Start Eclipse, let it create a workspace folder.
- Select Help -> Install new Software...
- Click right-hand button "Add Site..."
- In the popup, enter URL "http://sdqweb.ipd.kit.edu/eclipse/palladio/releases/3.3.1/" (PCM 3.3.1 release update site)
- Click OK
- Back in the "Available Software" tab, install the features from the PCM update site
- Check the 'Palladio Component Model' and 'Palladio Component Model - Other' category
- If you do not see any items for the PCM update site, uncheck "Group items by category" and select the features manually. Either select all features or a subset (In the latter case, Eclipse will check for you whether all dependencies have been satisfied)
- Click "Install..."
- Click "Next", agree to the licenses, click "Finish".
- The necessary packages should now be downloaded and installed automatically on your system.
- Restart Eclipse when prompted