PCM 3.0/MediaStore Example Workspace
The MediaStore example is a model application built after the iTunes Store. Users can download a number of files from a web-accessible server application. The server application is split into a front web GUI component, the core business logic, a watermarking component, and a database access layer (see the following image).
Getting started with the MediaStore example workspace
The PCM 3.0 release drop comes with an example workspace including a model of the MediaStore. The ZIP file contains the PCM Bench application itself (folder eclipse-pcm3.0) and the ws-pcm-3 folder containing the workspace. Ideally, extract both folders to the same directory (please use 7zip for this). The example workspace is prepared for the folders being extracted to C:\code\.
- Start the eclipse.exe placed in eclipse-pcm3.0
- Select the ws-pcm-3 folder as your workspace.
- When starting Eclipse, you find a project folder named QoSA2007_MediaStore_SimuCom in you eclipse. It contains the MediaStore example.
- To start a first performance prediction run, select Run > Open Run Config... from the menu.
- In the Run Dialog, you find an entry SimuBench > mediastore.
- Make sure that all paths are set correctly. According to the image at the right hand side, the paths should point to the workspace location on your machine.
- Press Run to start a simulation run.
- Now, switch to the SimuBench perspectice and browse simulation results in the Experiments View